India’s defence forces have been instrumental in giving citizens the peace and sense of security we enjoy today. A life filled with bravery, courage and sacrifice is what they experience. To honour these brave hearts, here is a quiz to commemorate their achievements. This is an online quiz competition on gallantry awards (Param Vir Chakra, Mahavir Chakra, Vir Chakra, Ashoka Chakra, Kirti Chakra & Shaurya Chakra), conducted by Ministry of Defence in coordination with MyGov
Terms and Conditions for Gallantry Awards Quiz
- Questions for the quiz will be primarily based on the information available in respect of the gallantry awards and awardees on online portal – www.gallantryawards.gov.in- launched on the 15th August, 2017.
- Online quiz on gallantry awards” will be conducted by the MyGov at https://quiz.mygov.in during the span of 10 days from 1-10 January, 2018.
- It will be bilingual i.e. in Hindi and English.
- It will be conducted under two categories i.e. one below 18 years of age and another 18 years and above.
- There will be five prizes in each category i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and two consolation prizes. Winners of the quiz will be awarded cash prizes along with trophy in both the categories as under:
1st Prize Rs. 1,00,000/- 2nd Prize Rs. 75,000/- 3rd Prize Rs. 50,000/ Consolation Prize Rs. 15,000/–
- Winners of the quiz will be felicitated during the RDC, 2018. They will be invited to witness the Republic Day Parade on 26th January and Beating Retreat on 28th January. Arrangements for the stay and transportation of the winners from outside Delhi for 5 days [25th January (Arrival in Delhi) to 29th January (Departure from Delhi)] will be made by the Government. They will be provided 3rd AC rail ticket (including Rajdhani / Shatabdi Express) for to and fro journey or reimbursed this amount. In case of winners in the category below 18 years, arrangements for hospitality of one guardian will also be made. Further, in case of female winners, arrangements for the hospitality of one companion will also be made.
- Online registration for the quiz will include the following mandatory information of the participants (Indian Citizen only):
a) Name b) Age (Date of Birth) c) Sex d) Either mobile no. or email address
- 15 questions in 5 minutes will be asked from each participant.
- Winners will be decided on the correctness of most number of the questions and minimum time taken to reply these questions.
- Employees of the Ministry of Defence (Main Ministry), Service Hqrs, NIC, MyGov and their immediate family members will not be eligible for the winners’ prizes in the quiz.