Namami Tate is an initiative of the Ministry of Earth Sciences under Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav. This initiative intends to raise awareness regarding the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 14 (SDG-14 Life below water) in citizen and business communities.
The world’s oceans – their temperature, chemistry, currents, and life – drive global systems that make the Earth habitable for humankind. Over 3 billion people depend on marine and coastal biodiversity for their livelihoods. However, today we are seeing 30 percent of the world’s fish stocks overexploited, reaching below the level at which they can produce sustainable yields.
Oceans also absorb about 30 percent of the carbon dioxide produced by humans, and we are seeing a 26% rise in ocean acidification since the beginning of the industrial revolution. Marine pollution, which occurs with an overwhelming majority from land-based sources, is reaching alarming levels, with an average of 13,000 pieces of plastic litter to be found on every square km of the ocean. Keeping these facts in mind, it is important that we know our ocean ecosystems and their current conditions well.
The quiz is a small step towards creating awareness and knowledge about the same. Test your knowledge on the same.
1. The Quiz is being organized by the Ministry of Earth Sciences for the purpose of creating awareness on ocean health, cleanliness of beaches, and recycling, and related topics.
2. Number of questions per quiz and the duration of the quiz is 20 Questions and 600 Seconds respectively.
3. Entry into the Quiz is open to all Indian citizens.
4. One participant can participate only once. Multiple entries from the same participant will not be considered and will be discarded.
5. Once submitted an entry cannot be withdrawn.
6. Participants from all age groups will be allowed to contest the quiz.
7. The Participant shall abide by all the rules and regulations of participating in the Quiz from time to time.
8. Organizer’s decision on the Quiz shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entertained regarding the same.
9. By entering the Quiz, the Participant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, mentioned above.
10. The quiz shall open on December 20th, 2021 at 17:00 hours (IST) and will be closed at 23:55 hours (IST) on January 19th, 2022.
11. Winners at National Level will be declared at the end of the competition. The gratification of ₹5000/-, ₹3000/- and ₹2000/- will be offered to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners respectively by the Ministry of Earth Sciences.
12. The quiz will start as soon as the participant clicks on the Start quiz button.
13. Entries received outside of these time/dates will not be valid.
14. Participants are required to update their details like name, email address, telephone number, and postal address. By submitting your contact details, you will give consent to these details being used for the purpose of the Quiz.
15. If a winner is not contactable within five working days from the result announcement, his or her prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries in accordance with the above process until a winner is selected and can be contacted. Selection, reaching out to the winners, and dispatch of mentioned prizes will be done by the Ministry of Earth Sciences and MyGov will have no role in it.
16. Organizers will not accept any responsibility for entries that are lost, are late or incomplete, or have not been transmitted due to computer error or any other error beyond the organizer’s reasonable control. Please note that proof of submission of the entry is not proof of receipt of the same.
17. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, organizers reserve the right to amend or withdraw or cancel the Quiz at any time. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes the right to amend these terms and conditions.
18. Organizers reserve all rights to disqualify or refuse participation to any participant if they deem participation or association of any participant which is detrimental to the Quiz or the Organizers or partners of the Quiz. The registrations shall be void if the information received by the Organizers is illegible, incomplete, damaged, false, or erroneous.
19. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the country under the jurisdiction of Indian courts only.
20. This Quiz competition is run by the Ministry of Earth Sciences. For queries contact, firstname.lastname@example.org