The Ministry of Power, Govt. of India has launched a reforms-based and results-linked Revamped Distribution Sector Scheme (RDSS). The scheme aims to improve the operational efficiencies and financially reform ailing public sector DISCOMs/Power Departments by providing conditional assistance to them for strengthening of supply infrastructure. The assistance will be based on meeting pre-defined parameters as well as achievement of basic minimum benchmarks set by the DISCOMs and the Centre. The Scheme would be available till the year 2025-26. REC and PFC have been nominated as nodal agencies for facilitating implementation of the Scheme.
Given the massive losses suffered by DISCOMs as a result of power theft, AT&C losses, meter tampering, inaccurate billing, etc. RDSS offers a lifeline to help turn around the fortunes of the distribution sector in a bid to establish a robust, reliable and resilient power sector.
This quiz is being organized for generating awareness and sensitizing the public at large about smart metering and RDSS scheme as a whole. Furthermore, it aims to inform people about the various benefits they will derive from the scheme.
Terms and Conditions
1.The Quiz is being organized by the REC,Ministry of Power, Government of India
2. Participants from all over the world and of all nationalities are eligible to enter the quiz.
3. The quiz will be available for all contestants for the period of 1 minute [60 seconds], in which they have to answer 10 questions.
4. The quiz will start as soon as the participant clicks the Start Quiz button.
5. You will be required to provide your name, email address, telephone number and postal address. By submitting your contact details, you will give consent to these details being used for the purpose of the Quiz.
6. Once submitted an entry cannot be withdrawn.
7. One entrant can participate only once. Multiple entries from the same entrant will not be considered and will be discarded.
8. Organizers will not accept any responsibility for entries that are lost, are late or incomplete or have not been transmitted due to computer error or any other error beyond the organizer’s reasonable control. Please note proof of submission of the entry is not proof of receipt of the same.
9. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, organizers reserve the right to amend or withdraw the Quiz at any time. For the avoidance of doubt this includes the right to amend these terms and conditions.
10. The Participant shall abide by all the rules and regulations of participating in the Quiz from time to time.
11. Organisers reserve all rights to disqualify or refuse participation to any participant if they deem participation or association of any participant which is detrimental to the Quiz or the Organizers or partners of the Quiz. The registrations shall be void if the information received by the Organizers is illegible, incomplete, damaged, false or erroneous.
12. Organiser’s decision on the Quiz shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the same.
13. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Indian Judiciary.
14. By entering the Quiz, the participant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, mentioned above