The National Commission for Women (NCW), a Statutory Body set up in January 1992 under the National Commission for Women Act, 1990 has the mandate to safeguard the constitutional and statutory rights of women. The Commission initiates programmes that aid the empowerment of women so that they are capable to gain access to opportunities and make their own decisions. In keeping with its mandate, the Commission has taken, from time to time, various initiatives to generate gender awareness in the society against various social evils affecting the rights of women. It has been experienced that gender-based discriminations exist throughout society, from organizational planning to everyday interactions at the workplace and public space.
Keeping with its mandate, the Commission has, from time to time, taken up various initiatives to progressively increase awareness about the laws in order to generate awareness in the society against various social evils affecting the rights of women and on rights and entitlements of women in the society as a whole. Also going by the belief that education is a process through which society creates the kind of individuals we wish to see in the world, the Commission aims at organizing an Open Quiz on ‘Elimination of violence against women, through MyGov Portal.
The aim of the programme is to inculcate values of equality, inclusivity, and diversity, among citizens, which are essential for building a healthy society. Moreover, knowledge of laws relating to women is not only crucial for the balanced development of young minds; it will also help citizens in building correct values, self-discipline, and national spirit.
Participation: Open to all
Study Material: The Commission has formulated a booklet containing a write-up on major laws relating to women with the help of the Expert Committee. The booklet is made available on the website of the Commission to be used by the participants at http://ncw.nic.in/search/node/module and on MyGov Portal.
Online Competition: The participants will be tested for their understanding of the subject through MCQs. The question paper will be based on the booklet provided by NCW. The Competition would be carried out by means of 10 Multiple-Choice Questions prepared by NCW. The question paper will be made available online at the time of examination. Assessment of question papers will be computerized.
Gratification: All the participants will be given a ‘Certificate of Participation’ on completing the quiz. The top 25 participants will be providing ‘Certificate of Commendation’ by NCW. In case of the duplicity of the result, preference will be given to a participant who has taken lesser time to answer all the questions correctly.
1. The quiz is being organized by the National Commission for Women, Government of India in collaboration with the MyGov platform. Access to the quiz will only be through the MyGov platform and no other channel.
2. Entry to the quiz will be open from 7 December 2021 till 6 January 2022. Participants will be required to answer 10 questions within a span of 300 seconds.
3. The quiz will start as soon as the participant clicks on the ‘Start Quiz’ button.
4. Entries once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
5. Questions contained within the quiz will be based on women-related laws and legislations and aims to create awareness on the elimination of violence against women.
6. Participants can only enter the quiz competition once. Multiple entries from the same participant will not be accepted and considered.
7. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, organizers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of the competition at any time or cancel the competition as considered.
8. The organizers reserve the rights to disqualify participants, refuse entry, or discard entries, if such instances or participation is considered to be detrimental to the competition, or additionally, any entry will be considered void if the information submitted is illegible, incomplete, false, or erroneous.
9. Organizers will not accept any responsibility for entries that are lost, are late, incomplete or have not been transmitted due to computer error or any other error beyond the organizer’s reasonable Please note proof of submission of the entry is not proof of receipt of the same.
10. The participants shall abide by all the terms and conditions of the quiz competition, including any amendments or further updates.
11. Organiser’s decision on the Quiz shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the same.
12. By entering the Quiz, the participant accepts and agrees to be bound by the above-mentioned terms and conditions.
13. The following terms and conditions henceforth shall be governed by Indian laws and the judgments of the Indian judicial system.