Fourth Quiz in the Sabka Vikas Mahaquiz Series with theme of Jal Jeevan Mission
As India celebrates 75 years of its Independence, Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, MyGov is introducing the fourth quiz in the Sabka Vikas Mahaquiz Series, which is part of an outreach effort to build awareness in citizens. The quiz aims to sensitize the participants about the various schemes and initiatives and how to avail the benefits. In this context, MyGov invites all of you to participate and test your knowledge of New India.
The Government under the leadership of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi is committed to the ideals of “Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas, Sabka Prayaas” to build an Aatmanirbhar Bharat. The Government has been working to ensure necessities for all citizens of the country through various programmes and schemes for the holistic welfare of the poor and marginalized sections of society. These are aimed at serving the last person at the bottom of the pyramid. In the last eight years, there has been an exponential leap in ensuring last-mile delivery to the poorest sections of society. Whether it be in the unprecedented number of houses built (PM Awas Yojana), water connections given (Jal Jeevan Mission), bank accounts (Jan Dhan), direct benefit transfer to farmers (PM KISAN) or free gas connections (Ujjwala), there has been a perceptible improvement in the livelihoods of the poor.
Jal Jeevan Mission is the theme of the fourth quiz in the series
The fourth quiz will be on the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM). Announced on 15 August 2019, Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) is being implemented in partnership with States to make provision of tap water supply in adequate quantity of prescribed quality with adequate pressure on a regular and long-term basis to every rural home by 2024.
At the time of the announcement of Jal Jeevan Mission, out of a total of 18.93 Crore rural households, only 3.23 Crore (17%) households reported having tap water connections. Thus, the remaining 15.70 Crore families were fetching water from a drinking water source outside their homes which made the lives of these families deprived of a basic necessity.
In under 2 and a half years since the launch of JJM, 6.4 crore new connections have been provided under JJM taking the overall coverage of potable tap water supply to cover over 50% of the total rural households in the country.
How can a beneficiary avail this scheme?
All rural households are automatically covered under the programme. JJM follows a ‘bottom-up’ approach and is being implemented as a decentralized, demand-driven, community-managed water supply system.
Gram panchayats and/or its sub-committees can manage, operate and maintain water supply to every household in villages. The committee has a minimum of 50% women members and suitable representations to weaker sections of society.
How can I (non-beneficiary) help a beneficiary avail the scheme?
A non-beneficiary can help a beneficiary be making them aware about the programme and motivating them to participate in the programme, as it’s a “people programme’
How can one gain more information for this scheme?
Mobile App (Android Only)
1. This quiz is a part of the Sabka Vikas Mahaquiz Series in which different quizzes on various themes will be launched
2. This quiz will be launched on 1st July 2022 and will be live till 31st July 2022, 11:30 pm (IST)
3. Entry to the Quiz is open to all Indian citizens
4. This is a timed quiz with 10 questions to be answered in 200 seconds. This is a State specific quiz available in multiple languages. One person can participate in multiple quizzes.
5. The quiz will be available in 12 languages – English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, and Telugu
6. A maximum of 1,000 top scoring participants will be selected as winners per Quiz. Rs. 2,000/- will be given to each of the selected winners
7. Winners will be selected on the basis of the highest number of correct answers given. In case, the number of participants scoring highest marks exceed 1,000 then the remaining winners will be selected on the basis of time taken to complete the quiz
To illustrate, if the quiz results are as follow –
8. One participant will be eligible to win only once in a particular quiz. Multiple entries from the same entrant will not qualify them for multiple wins during the same quiz. However, the participant is eligible to win in a different quiz of the MahaVikas Quiz series
9. You will be required to provide your name, email address, telephone number and postal address. By submitting your contact details, you will give consent to these details being used for the purpose of the Quiz and also for receiving promotional content.
10. The announced winners will be required to share their bank details for the disbursement of the prize money. The username should match with the name on the bank account for prize money disbursement.
11. The questions will be randomly picked from the question bank through an automated process
12. You can skip a tough question and come back to it later
13. There will be no negative marking
14. The quiz will start as soon as the participant clicks the Start Quiz button
15. Once submitted an entry cannot be withdrawn
16. In case it’s detected that the participant has used unfair means to complete the quiz in unduly reasonable time, the entry may get rejected
17. Organizers will not accept any responsibility for entries that are lost, are late or incomplete or have not been transmitted due to computer error or any other error beyond the organizer’s reasonable control. Please note proof of submission of the entry is not proof of receipt of the same
18. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, organizers reserve the right to amend or withdraw the Quiz at any time. For the avoidance of doubt this includes the right to amend these terms and conditions
19. The Participant shall abide by all the rules and regulations of participating in the Quiz from time to time
20. Organizers reserve all rights to disqualify or refuse participation to any participant if they deem participation or association of any participant which is detrimental to the Quiz or the Organizers or partners of the Quiz. The registrations shall be void if the information received by the Organizers is illegible, incomplete, damaged, false or erroneous
21. MyGov employees and their relatives are debarred from participating in this quiz
22. Organizer’s decision on the Quiz shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the same
23. By entering the Quiz, the Participant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, mentioned above
24. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Indian Judiciary
25. In case there is any clarifications needed for the translated content, the same may be informed to firstname.lastname@example.org and the Hindi/English content should be referred to.