Vigyan Prasar (VP) is a national institute for science and technology communication established in 1989 under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. It promotes and propagates a scientific and rational outlook in society; nurtures interest in science, encourages creativity and develops capacity for informed decision making. The principal objective of VP is to popularize science to every nooks and corners of India.
India is going to witness an amazing, rare celestial phenomenon of Annular Solar Eclipse on 21st June 2020. Vigyan Prasar would like to utilize this opportunity to popularize science in general and astronomy in particular among the people. Thus, Vigyan Prasar initiated an awareness drive. The goal of the drive is to encourage people to watch the eclipse in a safe manner and to foster an interest in astronomy.
To increase the awareness about the Solar Eclipses, Vigyan Prasar is organizing an online quiz competition in coordination with MyGov.in from 5th June to 19th June, 2020. The quiz is of 2 minutes during which 10 questions need to be answered. An E-certificate will be given to all the participants. Top hundred winners will be awarded with the publications of VP.
Terms and Conditions
To increase the awareness about the Solar Eclipses, Vigyan Prasar will be organizing an online quiz competition in coordination with MyGov.in from 5th June to 19th June, 2020.
- Each participants needs to create individual account on MyGov to appear for the Quiz. An individual is permitted to participate only once in the quiz.
- Duration of the quiz will be 02 minutes (120 Seconds) during which a maximum of 10 questions need to answered.
- Quiz once started cannot be paused / stopped.
- Participants are advised to take the Quiz well before the last date to avoid any last minute technical glitches.
- Top 100 participants will be awarded with the Publications of VP, as token of appreciation.
- An E-certificate will be given to all the participants.
- The quiz is open for only Indian Citizen.
- The criteria for selecting successful winners will be “Maximum Correct Answers in the Shortest Time”. In case of tie, random selection will be done.
- After the closure of the quiz, and prior to the announcement of results, top-scoring participants shall be required to provide their Name, Age, Government issued proof of identity containing current address and contact details.
- Detection/ noticing of use of any unfair/ spurious means/ malpractices including but not limited to impersonation, double participation etc. during the participation in the quiz will result in the participation being declared null and void and hence, rejected. Vigyan Prasar reserves the right in this regard.
- Vigyan Prasar reserves the rights to cancel or amend all or any part of the Quiz and/ or the Terms and Conditions. However, any changes to the Terms and Conditions or cancellation of the Quiz, will be updated/ posted on the platform.